We ask that visitors comply with all park rules:
- The Queens Zoo is a smoke-free park.
- Visitors age 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult chaperone (age 18+).
MASKS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR VISIT. Guests and staff may continue to wear masks for a variety of reasons, so please be kind and considerate of others.
- Do not feed our animal residents or throw things in exhibits, and stay on public paths at all times.
- No scooters, skateboards or bicycles. No balloons. These items must be left outside the park.
- Radios and speakers are prohibited. No playing ball during your visit.
- No pets. Only working service animals are permitted, in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. Pets, comfort animals, emotional support or therapy animals are not permitted at the Zoo.
- Deposit trash and recycling in designated receptacles.
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
- We reserve the right to inspect packages, bags, and containers.
- Guest Conduct Policy: We expect all guests to behave in a family-friendly manner. WCS staff, guests, and the animals in our care deserve an environment free from abusive or inappropriate behavior.
We reserve the right to refuse admission to, escort from park grounds, and/or revoke without a refund the Membership of, any individual or group who endangers our animals, staff, vendors, guests, or any WCS property; or who engages in verbal or physical harassment, discriminatory or threatening behavior, or otherwise interferes with the safety or enjoyment of the park by others.
This Guest Conduct Policy also applies to written and verbal correspondence. WCS reserves the right to terminate communication with any individual who engages in verbal harassment, profanity, discriminatory or threatening behavior, whether by phone, email or other means of communication.
- Do not approach, touch or feed local wildlife that you see on ground. Please respect and leave untouched the plants and trees around you.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed in the Zoo.
- The solicitation of visitors, or the selling of any items is prohibited within the Zoo, at its entrance gates, and along boundary sidewalks.
- During your visit, you may be photographed or videotaped by WCS (or by third parties authorized by WCS). Your image may also be observed and transmitted in real time by WCS via live webcam. Your admission serves as permission for the foregoing uses of your image. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without express permission of WCS.
- Non-commercial photography for personal use is allowed, but tripods are restricted in several exhibits, and at the discretion of zoo staff. Commercial photography and filming requests must go through the Communications Department. Please send your request to email@example.com.
- Policies are subject to change, and all guests must abide by the park rules in effect on the date of visit. When changes happen, we make every effort to align our website and park signage with updates. Always check before you arrive for the most up-to-date information.
Still have a question? Read our FAQs. Or reach out to us directly.
*Arrival to the park may be outdoors, but to visit indoor locations you must have a mask. Indoor locations include the Sea Lion Store & Café, and all restrooms.