Volunteers at the Queens Zoo work with the Education Department. As a member of the team, you'll teach schoolchildren and other visitors about animals by leading guided tours, assisting with special programs and events, speaking at narrated feedings, and helping with arts and crafts activities.
As a Queens Zoo volunteer, you'll:
- Teach schoolchildren and other zoo visitors about animals through chats at exhibit sites.
- Give guided tours to groups in the zoo.
- Speak at narrated feedings.
- Assist instructors in the presentation of special programs.
- Get involved in a variety of special events and zoo activities, including arts and crafts.
- Have fun!
Age: 18 and older
Training: Training is on six consecutive Thursdays from 1 to 4 p.m. beginning Thursday, Jan. 9.
Time Commitment: Volunteer a minimum of 4 hours every other week.
Volunteers must be reliable!
Please fill out an application or call us at (718) 271-7361.